Friday, September 23, 2011

Map Software (offline)?

Can anyone tell me what map software is available? I am thinking about an electronic equivalent of what we 30+ people remember as an ATLAS...





I am interested in checking some train routes and detailed conditions of a few countries in Eastern Europe, to plan a trip. There used to be something called Encarta but I never used that.


Can anyone tell me more?





Google Earth and Bing don't look like quite what I need.|||In Google Maps and Bing Maps make sure to choose the "Map" or "Road" options respectively. This will give you a cartographic map rather than an aerial view or hybrid map.





www.openstreetmap.org is also worth a try.





Commercial off-the-shelf options for global mapping are limited, but include the Maptitude Mapping Software: www.caliper.com.|||Microsoft Streets and Maps...check it out maybe they provide international coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment