Friday, September 23, 2011

Any idea how to draw a map in Illustrator or Photoshop?

I wish I had one of those electronic drawing pads or something, but I don't. I could maybe draw by hand and scan it in, but nothing I draw that way looks right.





Anyway, how could I draw a map of a fictional place like the ones in The Hobbit or LOTR? I know lots of cool effects to make mountains and water and such, but first I need a map with edges of land.





Also any idea how to place cities, towns, inns, etc? Other than putting cold stuff near the top/bottom I'm kindof clueless how a map should be.|||I suggest you google LOTR maps and use the same effects as those images have.





As far as what program to use, I would do it in Illustrator and use the pen tool. If you haven't used it before it can be quite tricky to get used to. But once you have it down, it's the best thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment