Sunday, September 18, 2011

1990 chevy suburban 2500 will barely idle, need possible causes.?

V2500 5.7l fuel injected - throttle body. Just completed tune up with new plugs wires cap rotor, air filter, oil change. Cleaned Idle air control valve(wasn't that Bad). Also replaced electronic spark control module and Map sensor as well as a few bad vacuum lines. I had a code for the map and now its gone after test drive. I also set the timing(with the connector disconnected) to 0 degrees. I have two scan tools and I am using all-data pro and I'm still having trouble. I'm going to change the fuel filter as well, just to complete tune up. Engine sounds like it's gasping for air and heavy smell of fuel from throttle body. High rpm engine runs fine. Also put in bottle of dry gas just in case.|||Of all the things you looked at, how about the throttle body gasket? They get sucked in and cause a huge vacuum leak under throttle body.|||It was the EGR valve

Report Abuse


|||that vehicle is a cash for clunkers flunkee. Cut your losses and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment